Monday, August 9, 2010

My Toy Competition Result

I won the July competition! I was pretty surprised to get the message, cause there were some really awesome entries, and 16 entries in total. You should check out some of the other ones, cause there's a lot of great stuff, including a Chucky doll, some Technic, Mechano, Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots etc. I'll leave it to you if you think I deserved to win or not ;).

July2010-Contest-Winner!

Thanks everyone for keeping up with my progress and commenting. Right now I'm doing some scripting and drawing tutorials, so the blog will be a bit slow, but come Saturday, I'm going to be starting a new challenge (on SimplyMaya this time). I've got a cool concept all up in my head (foreshadowing). Looking forward to it.

If you're wondering why I keep entering competitions, it's not that I'm looking for prizes or recognition, but challenges like these push you toward a defined goal, force you to present your best, give you constructive criticism from other members, challenge you to rise to the skills of others, result in a portfolio piece (with any luck), and are loads of fun. Enough said. The only real downside is that it really wraps you up in a single project for a period of time, but I guess that's just part of life, and it is good to be focused.

Later,
Stuart

2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Awesome job. Yours was definitely one of the best. Especially with the animation. For some reason I love the bit where the flame whips across before joining it's little connector piece.

    The crane truck is pretty amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, good job! I thought it was done when the assembly happened, and was nicely surprised when I had a whole story to go along with it.

    Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete