Monday, March 14, 2011

Walking into the storm

I know this is supposed to be a maya blog, but I figure it might be nice to have photos posted every now and again while I work on tutorials. I did a chapter out of my Maya Visual Effects book all on creative ways of using ramp textures (essentially gradients) which was pretty fun. But I don't really feel like posting someone else's work, so here's a photo I took in Uganda instead.


You see a whole ton of people walking/riding their bicycles along the highway with loads of various sizes and types. This man is walking into a pretty heavy rainstorm, or maybe it had just passed (considering the ground is wet) but either way, in Uganda, when it rains, it really rains. But it also doesn't last too long either. There's a life lesson in there somewhere.

In other news, giving up watching movies, TV, and playing video games for Lent, so I'll be sure to be doing a lot more productive stuff. We'll see if that carries through to the blog :)
Also, really looking forward to getting the new Mother Mother album, Eureka this week. And the new Rise Against one too.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment