Saturday, May 26, 2012

Master Collection

I just got myself Adobe CS6 Master Collection. Master means you have to be very good to use it. No not really, it just includes everything and the kitchen sink. Except for some things. Like Lightroom 4.
After opening each program once, here are my initial impressions.

Some pros:
- The splash screens are cool! Very trippy.
- Photoshop doesn't turn off my mouse wheel settings
- The apps finally work with Aero snap
- Illustrator is 64-bit... hopefully that will solve an export memory issue I was having
- Finally have access to InDesign, Acrobat, and umm... SpeedGrade?

Some neutral, literally:
- Photoshop is dark!
- Illustrator is black!
- Flash is still pale grey.

Some cons:
- Photoshop said it would import all my "presets"... but my preferences did not get imported.
- The apps still don't look cohesive... quite diverse in fact.


This time Adobe won't come out with a new version immediately after I buy it. Ha, take that Adobe. I'll post an image next time... maybe something I created with CS6!

Later,
Stuart

6 comments:

  1. Cool. Is it educational or can you use it pro?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was student pricing, but I read through the entire license agreement (not really, just searched for terms) and there's nothing that says I can't use it commercially. Also, an adobe rep said the same thing on a forum. So I can make the moneys from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots and lots of moneys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My company (Que) publishes full-color CS6 user guides - if anyone would like to be a reviewer for me, let me know! (I'm a publicist for the books). http://www.quepublishing.com/search/index.aspx?query=CS6

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous: Yeah, but it was student pricing, so a lot more reasonable... brings the average per program quite low actually.

    Lisa: Thank you for the invitation. I'll give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete