Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mouse and music

I presented my music visualization piece yesterday. It looks at a piece of orchestral music and creates a visual representation of the notes for each instrument as the piece plays (in MIDI format). I'd like to share the interactive app in the future, but it's a bit limited currently and difficult to distribute. So for now you'll have to be content with some screenshots and in the near future I'll upload a screen-capture of me using the program.


You can also click on the various instruments to visually filter them so you get a clearer picture of what is happening in the music.


I've also been working hard at modelling, UV mapping and now rigging my mouse. It's been challenging for sure, and there's still a ton of work left to do on it. Sculpt, texture, blend shapes, paint skin weights, animate, light, render and composite. I feel like I can't take any shortcuts either, because this is such an important character in the animation.



Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment