Friday, October 29, 2010

Alien Final

I've spent some time adding some more skin detail as well as attempting to texture this beast. I spent a long time adding layer after layer of paint, hoping something would click. I didn't exactly stumble on something that really worked for me, but I'm reasonably satisfied with it, so I'm going to call it a successful experiment and move on to something else. Hope you like the final product. These aren't renders, just screen captures out of Mudbox. Can't truly render straight from Mudbox that I know of. You can do a few things like add depth of field, ambient occlusion, and lights, and I've played with that a bit.



I'd like to do some tutorials to really get a handle on the program, but I'm more comfortable with it now. I need to decide if I want to join the November competition over at DT. Looks like it'll be fun. I'm very tempted. Theme is fairy-tales... any suggestions?
Later,
Stuart

PS I did finish my October book. It was a really short one, basically a collection of letters between a sweet, obnoxious American customer and a British antique bookshop. 84 Charing Cross. The best part of the book was that it had honest-to-goodness bookworm holes through many of the pages.

1 comment:

  1. I love Han Christian Anderson Fairy Tales, and things that turn out lovely in the end. I think that makes me a romantic. I suggest you try the Ugly Ducking :). Can't remember many others - except for Jack and the Beanstalk and I can't remember the point of that one.

    What do you mean by bookworm holes??

    I suggest that Ducklings and Swans would be nicer to look at than the green "faces" below. You are amazing at this! Mom

    ReplyDelete