Monday, October 25, 2010

Some photosketches

Okay, not really photosketches. More like here's a photo and here's also a couple of sketches. I wonder what photo sketches are. Probably sketches off photos, which I usually do, but these two are just from my head.

This was a sketch from some dystopian idea that was wandering around in my mind.

And since I'm learning faces in art lessons (from direct on POV) this was a sketch I did to see how much I could remember about how to do it and get some practice in. I see lots of problems with it, but I won't point them out because then you'll only see the problems.
And I also got outside on the weekend to take some photos. I decided I needed to put in at least one more solid effort with my kit lens before I go purchase a nice 50mm f/1.4.


...and needless to say, if you steal my images and/or sell them at an exorbitantly high price to black market customers, I'll hunt you down and waggle my finger in your general direction. For shame.

I also finally finished my "September" book, "This is Your Brain on Music" by Daniel Levitin. A really rich and fascinating book, covering lots of studies and thought-provoking topics. I'd recommend it, though it isn't a light read, at least not for me. Got to read an "October" book in 6 days or less.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment