Friday, September 30, 2011

Textbook Illumastration

(Ill-uh-muh-stray-shun)


This is a photocopy of the second sketch I did off a prosected specimen for Textbook Illustration. This same specimen was the source for an illustration (recognizably similar yet vastly superior to this one here) in Grant's Atlas. Homework for this week is to label photocopies of the sketches. And to transfer one of the sketches to illustration board in preparation for carbon dust. Yeah! After labelling this first sketch, I think I'll change it up a little bit to try and make it clearer on the other sketches. So eventually I'll post up the third sketch, maybe not labelled, or maybe labelled and not labelled. And we'll see the carbon dust turns out and I can post up that too!

Umm... I thought I was going to have a lot to say in this post, but I guess not. Any questions?

Oh yeah, I'm firmly convinced ("convince yourself") that the hypogastric nerves are not solely sympathetic, as certain sources seem to imply, since pelvic splanchnics have branches running superiorly through hypogastric nerves and through the superior hypogastric plexus to provide preganglionic parasympathetic fibres to derivatives of the hindgut along the inferior mesenteric artery. Oh, all this peripheral nervous system stuff is messing with my brain. Literally. HA!

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment