Thursday, November 20, 2014

Ant WIP

As part of my research at the UofT, we're designing an experiment to look at how students learn complex motion through animations. The complex motion in this case is an ant walking, so as a part of that, I'm creating an ant model for the animation(s).



This is my first attempt. There are anatomical problems, and it's not tremendously accurate. I'm mostly using it as a practice run as I learn how to use ZBrush better. I'm going through Eric Keller's Hyper-real Insect Design tutorial. I finally feel like I'm getting a solid handle on how to use ZBrush, even managing to troubleshoot some strange issues that I've run into.

In other news, I'm about 2/3 through "editing" my book, so I'm hopeful I'll be able to release it as promised on Nov 30.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment