Friday, August 21, 2009

...and fire!

Here we go with some dynamics stuff:


It took me the longest time fiddling with the animation speed, the catapult basket shape, and the firing tangents to get the rock to actually hit the darn wall... I thought it would be easier to just move the wall into the path of the rock, but for some reason it was locked to its original position... and the path wasn't actually the same twice in a row when I changed some seemingly unrelated factor. Ah, frustration. But here we go in the end, a simple playblast of a rock knocking down a wall. Dynamics are pretty awesome, I have to admit. Imagine animating it all by hand... what a pain.
Well, next up is some path animation I think, so I'll hopefully get working on that soon.
Later,
Stuart

2 comments:

  1. Looks good. You could make the bricks really close together and smaller to give the look of the wall and they would also fall easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. The scene was already set up with wall for the lesson, so I was constrained to certain things...

    ReplyDelete