Sunday, August 23, 2009

Cityscapes

Here's a little speed challenge that my brother and I did. We had to do a cityscape type picture in under 2 hours but we were allowed to do a paint-over of a photo if we wanted, which we both did to some degree.


Mine's the top one here, of a "power plant".


And the competition, here, of a "city at night" (I got to name them...)

Comments please...

Later,
Stuart

PS I've pretty much finished the Maya Foundation book. I only have one bonus lesson to do on compositing with Toxik. After that, I think I'll do a free tutorial from Digital Tutors on modelling a character for rigging, which I guess is similar to stuff I've done before, but I want to try out the DT format before I pay for a subscription to them.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I like both... but I'll have to give the edge to Erick on this. I like Stuart's too... but it doesn't quite hold up for me on closer scrutiny. I looks good as just the smaller picture, but when I expand it... the lack of detail in some bits kinda shows. Still a lot better than I could do. I really like the smoke clouds, but the lake in the background looks a bit wierd. Particularly the left side, where the perspective looks a bit wonky.

    ReplyDelete