Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mental

Working on texturing the harp right now, and I was having some problems with getting the UV mapping to work correctly, so I decided to play around with some lighting and rendering techniques. Not very complicated stuff, but mental ray makes it like... wow! Anyway, I can't really take credit for this image, but I'm pretty happy with it nonetheless. I'm sure there's a bunch of stuff wrong with the image that I should work on, like getting the composition and light directions better, but I think I need to get back to the texturing. It was fun while it lasted. Next week I'll have some better renders I'm sure.
Later,
Stuart

1 comment:

  1. Looks pretty good... though the reflection or whatever looks a little weird on the big thick angled part. It looks a bit too glossy and shiny...and a bit flat... if that make sense. I like the modelling though... the detail on the gold peg things looks like it must have taken a while.

    ReplyDelete