Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Marking menu

One of the things I love about Maya is how customizable it is. For example, I was getting annoyed by how time consuming it is to look in the menus for a bunch of different windows and editors to do stuff. So I made a marking menu that, at the push of a button (and a click of the mouse), pops up with 8 of the windows and editors that I want to open up frequently. I can add more to the marking menu if, say, I want to specify the hypergraph: heieracrchychacy (can't spell hierarchy) or hypergraph:connections. The hypergraph is another cool foundation of maya, but I won't get into that.

I haven't done too much since the last post but I think I've finished all the rigging and character setup I'll need to do. All that remains before I actually start keyframing is to throw everything into the same scene and make sure they're all the right size. Look for another update soon... otherwise I'll be really tight for time. This battle is going to end when January does. I'll post links to both the youtube videos once it's all finished.

Stuart

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product! I hope time isn't too terribly tight... good luck getting it done in the next few days =)

    ReplyDelete