Sunday, January 3, 2010

Short short update

Still working on my short short thing. Haven't done that much over the holidays, mostly spending time with family. I've decided to settle on something a little less ambitious, but hopefully still fun and interesting. Here's the setting for it, instead of a whole city... yeah.
Once the holidays are done I'm hoping to get a lot of time in Maya and some other formats.

Speaking of which, for christmas I got two books, one Keys to Drawing with Imagination, which has lots of interesting ideas and principles for creative drawing, the second is The Animator's Survival Kit, which I've heard is one of, if not the, greatest book on traditional animation. So I've started in on those books and have been doing a bit of doodling and sketching (on real paper!!!).

Later,
Stuart

1 comment:

  1. Paper sketches eh? Perhaps we should get together for a bit of a jot. I'd like to take a look at Keys to Drawing with Imagination, sounds like a good book.
    ...just where do original ideas come from?
    :)

    ReplyDelete