Thursday, January 14, 2010

Words and no pictures again

So I didn't really accomplish my goals for last week and the weekend, but didn't miss by much. I call it a success. I completed the rigging training kit, did 3 sketches, and finished all the storyboarding for my animation.
This week so far I've done another sketch and almost finished a training kit on animation which has been very informative so far. It should really help with my short animation once I get to that stage. I've decided I'm quite stuck with the modelling. I have no real idea of where I want the character to go, visually, and I seem to be bad at modelling hard surface stuff out of my head. For the future, I'll definitely put the time into sketching out 4 or 5 reference images for a character of this kind. Lesson learned. I think it's time to just do the rigging and get busy with the animation, regardless of how silly the character looks.

Sorry I don't have anything to show right now. I haven't bothered to bring my sketchbook into work to use the printer scanner here... maybe I should get one for my own. I need a bigger desk. It's hard enough trying to squeeze a little tablet in between my keyboard and mouse.

Anyway, I've been reading "In silico: Animation and simulation of cell biology with maya and mel" alongside "Around the World in 80 days". Right now it's just going through the basics of the maya interface, most of which I know already, but hopefully soon I'll get to jump into some biologically based projects, like simulating actin filament growth. If you've seen "Inner Life of the Cell" by Biovisions at Harvard and XVIVO, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I won't post again until I have a screenshot at least.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment