Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Assembly and a splash of color

Assembled the set this evening, which was quite fun. About as easy as a regular lego set, except you know for sure all the pieces are there. Still lots of work to make this look realistic, it looks very CG at the moment.

And as per tradition, the wireframes of all the pieces:


I'll either move on to a bit of assembly animation next, or finish up the minifigs (lego guys) with hats and textured faces, fronts and shield. This stage is nice cause I can switch back and forth between several modes, so when I get tired of animation, I can play around in Illustrator for a while. I'm going to use Illustrator to do the textures (and then export for rasterization) because I think I can get the nice clean lego lines that way, solid blocks and curves or color.

Oh yeah, and thanks everyone for getting my little counter past 1000 page views! Small milestones are good to celebrate. Of course most of that was probably me, but hey, still good. I added that somewheres in 2010, so don't think that's a comprehensive total. :)

Stay tuned for a potential video link one of these days..

Later,
Stuart

2 comments:

  1. Yay lego! I love the shot of everything assembled, but I think the wireframe shot really shows even better how much work you've put into this.

    Congrats on breaking your first thousand views. How comes the cluster map only says 451? If it caught up to the counter you'd have nice big dots...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clustrmaps and the counter count views differently, and were added at slightly different times.

    ReplyDelete