Friday, July 2, 2010

Leggo my lego

Started out on my entry for the DT competition. It's a legoman! My project will take a bit of a different tack from this point, so you'll have to wait and see how it goes. I did a three-point lighting setup for these two renders, a bit different from my usual ambient occlusion. It would probably look the best with a composite of occlusion and three-point lighting. I'll have to try that next time.
 Whenever you post a model on a maya forum, someone will go "wires, wires!" Well not quite like that, but it's good to see the wireframe on shaded model so that you can see how it was built, how high-poly, etc. This is the wireframe (on shaded) version of the unsmoothed model. The legs were the most complicated to do, with the hollow bottoms and holes in the back.

Stay tuned for the textured version! It's so good to have a long weekend. I get so much more done :)
Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment