Saturday, March 24, 2012

"Dissect that peritoneum" or "Gallbladder, stat!"

It's crunch time at BMC. In the next ~2 weeks, we got 5 projects due, one exam, one grant application, one committee meeting to arrange, and another project to mostly complete, although the deadline got pushed back, so that's all good. To be perfectly honest, I'd say... half of them are fun. The other half is a bit of a grind. Notice how I used both "half is" and "half are", so I'm sure that one of them are correct.

This is a panel from surgical illustration assignment 3. I did see this procedure in person; three times actually:


It needs to be tweaked (along with the other 5 figures) before Monday, but I'm happy enough with it (relieved may be a better word) that I'm posting it now. If the carpet wasn't grey before, it would be now from the eraser crumbs. One of the panels will get fully rendered in Photoshop for the final assignment.

That's all for now. I'm sure as projects become finished, I'll be posting more frequently. And of course there will be the big reveal for the biocinematics site.

Later,
Stuart

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stuart ... Wow this is amazing! I know I might be an over enthusiastic mother, but I find the human body puzzling and fascinating at the same time. I am hoping to spend some time in the OR this year during my SD time to learn more about what actually happens to our surgical patients "in there." Hang in there for the last few weeks of push. Erick and I are pushing hard too! And also counting. Cheers, Mom

    ReplyDelete