Saturday, March 10, 2012

Neuroanatomy concept

My final sketch for neuroanatomy illustration on the blood brain barrier:



Note that this isn't a final piece. I'll be rendering it by importing illustrator paths into photoshop and going to town on it with paintbrushes. It's intended to be a textbook figure. Like most people, I decided to take up the whole page with picture. My textbook wouldn't have many words.

 Fur test and model of a "generator" (in quotation marks because there's no generator that actually looks like this).

I posted these images on facebook originally, but now they're here, for those people that don't use facebook. I've been continuing to try to sort out how best to manage my various "sites". This blog will continue to be the source for all important information, updates, and images. I mostly post links to new blog posts on facebook, but occasionally I'll post a WIP image that may or may not end up on the blog too. I'll post various links and thoughts too sometimes. Just if you're curious about my facebook updates or are worried about missing stuff. :)

My main website is progressing steadily too. Still will be a while before it can go live, but pieces are slowly coming together.

Later,
Stuart

1 comment:

  1. Stuart ... A few questions about the BBB. Why is the active effux moving the molecule from the barrier membrane into the lumen. Where is the drug coming from? Why? The way you show the various movements is really helpful. I am wondering if diagrams B and C link well enough to A. For example, my A&P is so old in my brain that I need a bit more. I guess that is what the rest of the textbook does ;)
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete