Friday, April 13, 2012

Journal Cover Final

I don't know how the time goes by.

Well that introspection was fun. Here's my final journal cover. Had some rendering crises (pl.) but I managed to enlist the help of four iMacs to get through it. I probably didn't optimize my render settings quite as well as I might, but I couldn't afford to spend time trying to dodge memory errors while optimizing every little value.
I think overall I'm pretty happy with it, considering I only opened C4D for the first time in January.


Hope you like it. Come Monday I will have officially finished classes for this semester, so next week I'm hoping to update and cleanup my website with some more info on current and past projects (and get rid of the lorem ipsum). So there will be a fair amount more info on what this journal cover is supposed to mean. It does all have a reason. It's not just a random collection of lab equipment and a rodent; but that will have to wait. Just a note, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I haven't optimized the site for mobile devices or older browsers, particularly Internet Explorer, so if you do want to see what my site is supposed to look like, please try a modern browser like Chrome or Firefox (yes, I know IE is getting better).

Still one more intensive weekend of work, then I've got another project to do before end of April, and my first committee meeting to prepare for (yay, master's project!). But despite all that, I'll have some time to unwind and slow down at the end of April.

Later,
Stuart

4 comments:

  1. That's an awesome looking cover. Looks like a pro job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, as usual. Looking forward to having all the bells and whistles explained. And congrats on finishing classes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing. Would love to see some hi-res images of the hamster :).
    Congrats on getting classes done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay... that was me... Daryl... for some reason blogger doesn't recognize me even when I sign in on my google account...

    ReplyDelete