Saturday, April 17, 2010

Battle Without Honour or Humanity

I finally got permission (more or less) to post the animation that I worked on in the fall (with a few other people). More to the point, I finally got the animation. Had a really good time at the UVic Sunscreen Film Festival. Didn't win anything, but considering I didn't know about it two days before hand, I didn't have high expectations. I did vote for a film for the audience award that ended up winning Best Direction, Best Cinematography and the Audience Award (so I feel like I've got an eye for it now ;) ). Go to my channel (link on the right) for the 720p version! If you hear a very much lot about 720p and don't really know what it is (don't worry, lots of people don't), that just refers to the vertical resolution (basically 1280x720 pixels/frame), and p stands for progressive, which means it's not interlaced, and I'll leave that there.

Battle Without Honour or Humanity
Edit: I was going to embed it, but this blog layout is just so narrow that I have to shrink it by more than youtube's default smallest size.

Hope you like it, and if you do, hit the like button on youtube. For the animation, it's only fair to tell you that I animated about the last 15 seconds of the short. I did a lot of the room layout, modelling and texturing, and I did some rigging as well as a lot of organizational setup, clean-up and stuff.

Still plugging away on the dino texturing, so I'll post an update tomorrow hopefully.
Later,
Stuart

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was really good even if it wasn't all yours. It had the elements of good entertainment and art.

    ReplyDelete