Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Colorating

So no, I'm not done the texturing of the dino, but fairly far into the process. I thought the DT course was ~3-4 hrs long, but it's more like 6, plus there's a lot of "I'll start cloning out this seam to show how it's done so then you continue on for the rest of it before the next lesson", plus I'm not that used to using my tablet for this kind of stuff, plus it's even more tedious than UV mapping in parts so I can't do it for as long... all that to say that my new goal is Saturday :)

But here it is so far. It's quite shiny and smooth cause there's no bump or specular maps on it yet (that'll come later on) and there's still the eyes, teeth and tongue to work on, plus all the odds and ends of detailing and optimizing. Oh, and I should say that I had an unfortunate glitch at the very end of the UV process, so the model I'm using here is the supplied model with the project files. It's pretty much the same, but it hurts my pride to not have my model all the way through the process. It's good to have the exact same UV map as the tutorial though as I encounter the same problems and trouble-areas as the tutorial.

In other news, I found out recently that the animation I worked on for the directed study in the fall, if you recall that, got entered in UVic's Sunscreen Film Festival. I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow (on the big screen!) And after that, with any luck, I'll have a copy of it which I might be able to post on youtube.

Reminder to vote on the poll, it's pretty one-sided so far. I wonder if it was a leading question? Or more probably, people don't want to admit to watching ANTM...
Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment