Saturday, April 17, 2010

Finished raptor

Done and done. Here's a render of the final dino, modelled, UV mapped and textured. I'll note again that this particular model was neither modelled nor UV mapped by me, as something messed up at the end of my UV mapping, but it's virtually the same and I learned everything along the way. I would like you to note that this guy has waayyy too many teeth (cf. my model).

Along with the obvious color map, the tutorial went over adding a bump map and a specular map. These latter two maps are essentially greyscale images that tell the renderer what parts of the model to make bumpy and shiny respectively. You'll notice (maybe) that the claws and mouth are shinier than the back for example. Also there's a nice wrinkled bumpy texture overall with various added wrinkles and texture. Hope you like it.

So I'm moving onto my personal genescreen project now! Excited to get going on this. I'll be doing various tutorials along the way as I get stuck with some of the topics I'll need to know, like some rigid body dynamics (more on that later). Also a reminder to watch my video below and vote on the right if you haven't yet. I actually posted more this week than in a long time :) so catch up before I go full steam ahead with genescreen.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment