Saturday, July 4, 2015

Science Photography EdX Course - Week 2

Week 2 of my EdX Science Photography Course involved an exploration of aperture and depth of field. Here are three images from the series. Not a tremendous difference between them, but I think you can get the idea of the depth of field changing.




Does it bother you that the f and 1 aren't visually aligned? I suppose it does now. I should have noticed that and tweaked it.

To create the images, I decided to build a DIY lightbox out of a cardboard box, parchment paper, white duct tape, and some sticky drawer liner and printer paper.



Then using my cheap studio lights, I was able to flood the interior of the box with nice diffuse light. I look forward to using the box in some other projects too. I'm using my Canon Rebel T2i and 100mm f/2.8 Macro here.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment