Monday, July 27, 2015

Science Photography EdX Course - Week 5

Though this is the penultimate week in the online course I've been taking, I believe this is the final assignment. Choosing one (or more) of the images we captured during the course, we were to create an educational figure from it. This was up my alley, so to speak, and I broke out the leader-lines and orientation images. I'm fairly happy with how this turned out. I think the leader-lines are a bit thicker than necessary, and though I like that everything is neatly aligned, I don't think the text sticking out to the left works as well. 

It's also not a complete educational figure, since it only shows some of the mechanisms in the watch, but these were the images I had available, and I'm not quite ready to completely deconstruct the pocket watch.


I've really had an excellent time with this course and been exposed to many ideas that will serve me well not only in my photography, but also in the computer graphics I'll be doing in the future. And I've been inspired to do more macro photography, so if you're at all interested in that, perhaps keep an eye on this space and we'll see what turns up.

Thanks for reading!
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment