Monday, July 20, 2015

Science Photography EdX Course - Week 4

This week's assignment had two components relating to mobile phone cameras and video.

The first part asked the students to spend a day taking photos around the house or at work with one's smartphone. I'm not too enthused with my phone's camera, but it was an interesting assignment to think about where photographic subjects might be. It was easy to grab a quick snap of an interesting texture, the way light fell on a mundane object, or how this item looked at a different angle. I'll consider using my phone as a brainstorming tool, then perhaps go in with my better camera and explore the subject further.
Here are the two images I thought were most interesting:



The second part of the assignment was to explore video and to create a short (< 1 min) recording of a process. Since I've been having fun with my macro lens, I decided to use the video functionality on my Canon T2i to capture the "process". I think the video should speak for itself.



And the obligatory setup snap. Yes, that's a plastic horse (pegasys [sic]) with a flashlight taped to it.


Thank you for reading and watching!
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment