Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ball rigs

Did a bit of work rigging the balls for squash and stretch. We'll see how they work out when I start doing the pose-to-pose animation. I'm not entirely happy with the smoothness of the deformations, but should be workable. Basically the small ball shows the final controls, while the right ball shows the underlying lattice and cluster deformation handles that actually control how the ball deforms. I could have used the little C's to control the deformation, but they're hard to select, big circles are easy to grab and see how they're arranged. Maybe I should color code them top to bottom... hmmm. Will model a couple simple props soon and then get right to the animation.

On a related note, I bought a flatbed scanner today. Gonna be able to scan some storyboards and sketches soon! Stay tooned.

On an unrelated note, I finished my April book, The English Patient... a bit too strange and deep perhaps, I liked the prequel better. I started Dune for this month. Maybe it'll be a two-month book, it's over 500 pages and pretty slow going so far. It seems it's half in arabic or something. Get the feeling it would be a great read second time around.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment