Monday, May 17, 2010

Whiplash texturing

Here's the texturing of the props essentially finished. Ignore the black chasm between the cliff pieces, still need to fix that. I'd better get onto animating soon, or my month will be up.

On a related note, saw Iron Man 2 this evening, and I must say it was pretty great. And yes, I did title my competition entry in order that more people might stop to take a look, erroneously suspecting that my animation has something to do with the bad@$$ery that is Mickey Rourke's Marvel villain. It does, however have to do with the physical trauma that is alluded to by the more common use of the word, so stay tuned for that.

On a slightly related note, as I was rifling through my cables-and-other-misc-hardware-bits box, I found that I have a pair of anaglyph blue-red stereo glasses... the cheap cardboard kind. Played around with the stereo settings in Maya which resulted in a satisfactory 3D image, but since I didn't want papercuts on my ears, I decided to upgrade. Whipped out my trusty gluegun and the Real-D glasses I smuggled home from UP, popped out the polarizing filters, cut up the cardboard frame, bit of glue here and there, and voila, a comfortable pair of anaglyph glasses that look laughably hideous. Give it a try at home! I may just post a stereo animation on youtube one of these days.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment