Monday, May 24, 2010

Whiplash animation

Still working on blocking out the animation for my whiplash animation. I think I need a longer attention span. At least, I find it relatively tedious in this stage of animation, blocking out the positions and timing for the two balls for the whole animation. The refining and tweaking to make it look good is a bit more enjoyable. Anyway, here's a screenshot of the process. I use ghosting to see where the control curves are at earlier and later keyframes to judge the motion arcs etc. Still kinda a noob at it though.

Just backing up my computer to that hard drive I installed yesterday. Hoping to do nightly backups now instead of weekly, where I had to remember to manually insert a hard drive into a dock when the backup was scheduled to run. Giving Cobain Backup a try, which seems to be doing the job relatively well. Still need to check out some of the options to achieve exactly what I want. In case you were interested in what my computer is doing at this very second... I know... fascinating. But remember folks, your data is only as good as your backup!

I also scanned some of my sketches, so I might upload a couple of those once I process them (e.g. crop, resize, rotate, adjust curves, touch-up). Hoping to get a bunch of sketching and animation done tomorrow.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment