Saturday, April 4, 2009

First Render

So I've officially installed Maya and run a quick render to test a few things. Here it is:


I know, it's really boring, but I wanted to see if:
a) Maya was working -it is, yay!
b) I had been given access to Maya Unlimited versus Maya Complete -this is a fluid effect (an ocean, if you didn't notice), so I have all the cool features that Unlimited has to offer, yay!
c) there were any watermarks or things on renders to designate it as a student version -there aren't, yay!
d) Maya could cause me to pass out in awe -actually, no it didn't, probably for the best.

So there you have it. I'm up and running. Now should I...
a) start modelling (which I looked up and found out that American has one l and British has two l's... British it is)!!!
b) install Mudbox!!!
c) make bread and do housework :(

Gah...

Later,
Stuart

2 comments:

  1. no... you were just being lucky....

    gee, this is not gonna make sense to anybody but you and me :)

    glad you got it :)

    nice waves btw....

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky shmucky, now I have to email them again and cancel my complaint.

    PS I ended up doing b) then c) and now a)

    ReplyDelete