Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Render types

I figured out how to get a series of images into a video format. You may remember that I got Autodesk Cleaner XL shipped with the rest of the software. Well that has the capability to convert an image series into a bunch of different formats, like flash, quicktime, mpeg, avi, etc. Only thing is it doesn't support .iff files either, so next time I do a batch render, I'll be rendering as a tiff or something like that.

I also was able to do some experimenting with maya's different renderers, including mental ray, the hardware renderer, software renderer, and vector renderer. Yes, you heard me, vectorized computer animation. Cool cool.

I won't post any renders, cause there's nothing too interesting, but now I'm officially finished project three in the book. Next up is some more animation as well as some dynamics (rigid bodies and particles and stuff) so I will definitely post some animations when I get there. But first as I promised, I have some sunglasses to model and texture and render. Not really sure how to start on these ones... (loft some curves, NURBS?) I think I'll stick with polygons since that's more what I know. I guess we'll see how it goes.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment