Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Motion blurred frog vid

So I've just learned some lighting/rendering techniques. Pretty basic stuff, but good to know. There's a ton (tonne? metric... good band) of stuff I need to learn with respect to lighting and rendering. Especially if I'm going to be simulating microscopic fluid lighting conditions. More on that later.

Here's a lens flare effect:


Not the greatest composition. You can sort of see part of the catapult outside the door. This building/room was what I did for project one of this book. It's sort of a throne room, but I set delgo up to walk out of the door into the bright bright sunlight. Cool. As I write this, I'm running a batch render, so hopefully that'll finish up soon and I can post a little animation. I'll see if I can figure out how to convert a series of images into a postable animation format. Frame 50, ok, here we go...

Alright, well it worked out mostly, but unfortunately I can't find a solution to convert images to video. VideoMach doesn't handle .iff files from what I can see and that converter is what I've used in the past. Oh well, I'll figure something out eventually.
Here's a still from the animation.
Never mind, blogger doesn't support iff either. I'm not going to re-render, so you'll just have to speculate what the animation looked like. (Hint: walk cycle of delgo walking towards the catapult with shadows and a bit of motion blur)

Later,
Stuart

8 comments:

  1. that shot is overexposed.... if there is such a thing in rendering :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should color the light.... it's too white :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lens flares suck... lol... put a shade on your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could just keep spamming your blog :)
    ... k, i shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good... if a little low res on the door textures... but who am I to judge. I'd love to see the animation though. Does the light get less bright as he walks outside... like when your eyes adjust to a really bright light... you know what I mean... right? Anyway... keep up the awesome work... it looks like you're really plowing forward with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lens flare was just an experimental effect and only occurs when the light source is in the frame (which is the same in photography, I think) so the actual animation doesn't have any lens flare. And I actually toned down the intensity from what the book suggested. It's still way overkill now, but it was just an experimental thing. Isn't the sun white light? I guess I could yellow it up a bit maybe?
    The door texture was provided, so yeah, it's a bit low res.
    Anyway, tonight I'll probably do the last section in this project which is about different renderers and rendering techniques, and then I'll get onto the sunglasses with hopefully some information on how to get environment reflections and stuff.

    ReplyDelete