Sunday, April 5, 2009

MacDoonlads (don't sue me)

So in accordance with a recently received challenge, I decided to put together a brown paper bag. This took only a few hours. If I had longer I would have put more work into the crinkles and edges and stuff, as well as the rendering and texturing (so everything really).

I learned quite a bit during this, especially in UV mapping, which is really tricky still, but I'm getting more familiar with the tools and controls, if not exactly learning the best way to approach it yet.

Without further ado...
a brown paper bag with an ominous logo:


I'm not really sure why or what interprets the black background of my render as a transparent checker look, but I'll look into fixing that and producing proper renders soon.

Keep checking back and let me know what I need to fix (or send me challenges),
Stuart

PS Forgot to post a wireframe

8 comments:

  1. Makes me feel greasy just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's all good... stooder just put salad in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should put grease stains on the bottom of it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and... I think you should make a CD... no wait... that's too easy (unless you're willing to model all the pits in fine detail). Make a pair of sunglasses and see if you can't texture in some reflections or something in the glass bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mu verification word for that last one was... Abelete... "The Abeletes in the Influenza race lined up at the sneezing line."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunglasses challenge accepted, although I may work from my book for a little bit first.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS My "mators" are jumping past the abeletes thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmmm.... think you should do a cactus next... in a pot :)

    ReplyDelete