Saturday, April 4, 2009

Rigged & Textured Catapult

So here's my rigged and textured catapult.


The texturing wasn't great by any stretch. I'll have to work on that, but it's not as much fun. I've heard from other people too that they don't really enjoy UV mapping, which I didn't do here, but is related. I guess I'll just have to practice up on the whole texturing UV mapping side of things, so that it won't be as painful.

And I realized after I deformed the catapult arm that it won't line up with the little hook like it does perfectly in the book... how was I supposed to know where the bent arm would end up? Ah well, again, just learning the process.

Paint effects are next... cool.
I'll keep you posted.
Stuart

2 comments:

  1. the stone on there looks pretty good.

    model me a paper bag please.... one of those brown ones people put their lunch in.... with a bunch of crumbled edges.... there is you challenge for today.... you could even put the logo of the restaurant with the golden "M" on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Challenge accepted... will this be a single render or a dynamic effect?

    ReplyDelete