Monday, March 22, 2010

Blocked out raptor body

Got a good start on the velociraptor today. I think I like doing organic modelling, at least when there's good references and I have a good idea of how the body form is supposed to look. This is partly true for this project, but I can imagine getting OCD on muscle groups for projects of my own.

I remember back when I was playing around with Maya as a mild interest and I had a grand idea for making a dinosaur movie. I got a reference skeleton for a deinonychus, and began modelling. I think I spent about three hours on a single claw (which after all that I wasn't very happy with) and set that project aside. Good to see I can make a bit more progress with this now I that know some basic tools and techniques.

In other news, I spent some time with Daryl and worked out a pretty fun concept for the animation I'm planning on doing for genescreen. Won't spoil the idea yet, but I'll be sure to post updates on that as I get started. Still lots of concept work and pre-production to do. Even though I'd dearly love to just jump and start modelling, I know I'm going to have to do quite a lot of planning and some simple concept tests if this is going to work.

In yet other news, as March begins to come to a close, the book I was planning on reading, "This is Your Brain on Music" did not get read, but I did read a children's trilogy (in a loose sense of the word) by Lois Lowry, (i.e. The Giver, Gathering Blue, and Messenger); three stories of individuals discovering their respective purposes in a distopian society. Some interesting ideas, but I think I would have gotten into them more if I was younger (though I did read The Giver a couple times many years ago). And I've started "The English Patient" by Michael Ondaatje (sp?) for my March/April book. I enjoyed "In the Skin of Lion" by him, the 'prequel' (in a loose sense of the word) to this one.

It was pointed out to me that posts are better with pictures, so I'm going to try hard to include something with my posts from now on. Thanks for looking and reading!

Hope you had a good weekend,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment