Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ye Olde Photoshoppe

Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been working on photoshop tutorials for the past while and haven't produced anything worthwhile posting at this point. I have been learning a lot of cool things like how to use layer masks properly, adjustment layers, interactive brush sizing and softening, openGL canvas rotation (spiffy!), automation with actions. I've mostly been getting ideas of what is possible and how to approach certain things. I would like more of a foundation in digital painting, as opposed to the photo-editing that the tutorials focus on, but both are useful. I just have to do a couple more chapters of it and I will have a certificate of completion! I can put it on my resumé! Probably not.

Then on to the Premier tutorials. I hope to get that and the After Effects Essential Training finished by the tenth. That's my goal. (The 10th is when my lynda.com free subscription runs out). There's always a pressure to be continually viewing tutorials when you have subscriptions. Pros and cons to that I guess. Well, enough rambling from me, next time we'll see if I can post something I've worked on.

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment