Thursday, March 18, 2010

Raptors and DNA (but not Jurrasic Park)

I've decided on the next project I'm going to do. It'll involve three different DT training kits, but they all use the same subject, a velociraptor. It'll go through some organic modelling, UV mapping, and texturing. I haven't done much organic modelling yet (other than delgo...) so should be informative, and I know very little about UV mapping, especially organic stuff, and texturing in photoshop using UV snapshots is a new technique to me as well. Should be fun. I'll post something as soon as I start (well, as soon as I've got something that is).

I've also gone through a couple smaller courses recently (Color theory, principles of graphic design) which complemented the class I'm taking right now nicely. And I finally finished up Intro to Rigging which was teeedious to get through. The Character Setup course was much more informative and easy to follow. So that's where I'm at right now. I'm sure by the time I finish this velociraptor, I'll be wanting to do something of my own that's original.


Luckily there's a video competition that's about to start that is right up my alley. Genescreenbc.com has a video competition that combines video (go figure) and genetics! So I'm really going to try to put something together for that. Kudos to one of my co-workers for pointing it out to me! And here's a question for you... what elements would you like to see in a nifty animated science video?

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment