Sunday, March 7, 2010

Boardin' for NURBS

Finally! A new maya project that resulted in an image to share :)
This was a short DT tutorial on NURBS (non-uniform rational B-splines, in case you were wondering) and although the tutorial instructor didn't get into too much detail on why to do certain things which was too bad, I did learn quite a few different tools for working with NURBS. The end result is a relatively decent looking skateboard rendered with a quick occlusion pass. Hope you like it.

My lynda.com free trial subscription is over tomorrow or the next day, and I did zoom through about half the essential training on After Effects. I didn't get to Premier, which I wanted to do, so I might consider getting a month worth to round off my CS4 training. But first I need to justify my DT subscription, so I'm going to try to crash through a few shorter courses and then get back to working on a maya project of my own. Something that I hope to spend some time on and be able to put in a portfolio. I think I know what it will be, so stay tuned for that.

And I should say, thanks to all those that read my blog and comment and stuff, cause this blog keeps me on track (mostly) with my various attempts at Maya and other software. Otherwise I'd probably just be watching a season of Big Bang Theory or something like that...

Later,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment