Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy & Sad


Here we go with some facial faces... Delgo doesn't have many vertices in his face (sorry about that, delgo) so these expressions will be rough (to say the least) but I understand somewhat how these blend shapes are supposed to work. First you copy the entire geometry, then modify the facial vertices (I used the sculpt geometry painting tool, kinda cool) to get a new facial expression, or part of a facial expression (such as eybrows up) and then you get a gradient of expressions based on the intermediates between your original and the new facial feature. Look how delgo is magically transformed from a happy little amphibious dude to a very upset and not so charming toad creature... (toad being a derogetory [can't spell it sorry, {now I'm using nested braces and parentheses and brackets... cool}] Lochni term [maybe]).


So onwards and upwards, my fellow listeners (ahem, readers). Inverse kinematics are on the horizon and a topic which I personally find very neat. I believe this is because anim8or had no such feature when I was using the program, so this introduction has been very satisfying for a rigger/animator-to-be, such as myself.

Until next time,
Stuart

PS If you are uncomfortable with being able to see where I store my project files... umm... I actually don't know what to say now.

1 comment: