Monday, March 16, 2009

More crazy fun

So it's been a little while, but here we go again. Rigging isn't easy. It's pretty hard to understand all the attributes and do things right the first time. Because I've come to figure out that it's a lot easier to do things the right way than to go back and try to fix some underlying problem which could mess with everything that you did after it. I know there's ways around things, but it'll take me a long time to learn them. Anywho, it's hard to do things the right way when you don't know what's coming down the pipe... or rather, what's coming up in the book. Here's a rather charming picture of a jiggle deformer in action.

Oh yeah, the wrist thing got sort of sorted out unintentionally. When I came back to the project after a little break, I redid the steps, and it didn't work and then I redid the steps again and messed around a bit, and all of sudden, boom, fine (mostly), so I have no idea, which is probably not very helpful (believe it or not, this delgo dude isn't exactly about the final product).

So back to the jiggle deformer. That massive weird stuff is his sleeve. It's supposed to be bouncing around a LITTLE bit to simulate cloth movement or something. You might be able to see the other arm being deformed a bit. So I'll see if I can undo this and redo the jiggle deformer in the future, but I'm good to take a break for tonight and come back to it. I'm almost done this project... (I think).

So a couple of somewhat unrelated notes... right now I'm waffling between getting a mac pro and a really sweet PC. Convince me one way or the other, I'm virtually exactly between them at this point. They both have pros and cons... rrrghghghg.

The other thing is that I may get to do some other modeling for a project of my brother's (a massive project with very little expertise in the many required fields between all involved... shh ;) but trying and learning is the best way forward) so there may be some other models getting posted in the near future. I'd really like to tackle another modeling project right now, but I really don't want to leave delgo "unfinished" or I fear this project will come to a standstill. Keep me motivated, people!

Until later... keep your sleeves in check!
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment